Do you have a passion for providing security? Would you want to work as a bodyguard? Then this is the course for you
After doing the close protection license from the SIA, you will be allowed to work as a close protection officer in the UK. This will also enable you to escort and accompany your clients/employers to other countries. Close protection officers can expect to earn upwards of £400+ per day (depending on experience and profile).
This level 3 qualification in Close Protection has been developed by the awarding bodies to meet the requirements of the SIA. It is based on the relevant SIA specifications for learning and qualifications, providing the necessary skills and knowledge for those who wish to apply for an SIA license.
To complete this qualifications, you must demonstrate that you have the required dedication and commitment to finish the course
Duration: This course spans over 13 days.
- All learners must be aged 18+ to complete the qualification
- You must have basic English skills (reading and writing)
- Carry out basic search techniques for people, vehicles, and property
- Conduct room search
- Complete a reconnaissance activity
- Use basic surveillance, anti-surveillance, and counter surveillance techniques
- Apply basic negotiation skills
- Conduct a team briefing, handover and debrief
- Complete a threat and risk assessment using a decision-making model
- Develop an operational plan
- Produce primary and secondary route plans using paper-based and technology based resources
- Implement an operational plan
- Use a flexible approach to protection while on foot
- Use a range of communication techniques while on foot
- Carry out body protection of a principal
- Extraction of a principal while on foot
- Embus and debus techniques
- Manage an incident during a close protection operation
First Aid Requirement
It is an SIA requirement that centres must confirm that each learner has a valid first aid qualification OR can evidence sufficient training or experience to the:
- Level of the First Person on Scene (FPOS) Intermediate Award – 30 hours (Pearson / IHCD) or
- Level 3 Award in First Aid Response (HABC) or equivalent.
- Level 3 First aid at work award (QCF)
If you have your qualification you do not need to do the first aid qualification again, but you would be required to produce evidence on the first day of the training.In case you do not have the qualification, we would arrange the Level 3 first aid at workcourse for you at a price of £160 for 3 days. You have the option to do it with us or any other training provider.