This is a Level 2 Award in CCTV Operations (Public Space Surveillance), which is required to obtain an SIA CCTV Operator’s license.
Duration:This is a 4 day course with a total of 4 modules, 2 exams and a practical assessment.
- All learners must be aged 18+ to complete the qualification
- You MUST HAVE VALID Photo ID (i.e. Passport, Driving License), proof of address and a passport sized photo
- You will need basic English skills (reading and writing). There are no formal educational requirements needed
CCTV training is required by the SIA for CCTV licence. CCTV training course as required by the SIA includes a common core unit – working in the private security industry, roles and responsibilities of a CCTV operator (unit 2) and practical assessment portfolio (unit 3) covering the practical tasks of a CCTV operator including procedures for monitoring, processing, storing and disclosing CCTV images while maintaining the evidential value of all documentary evidence including CCTV recorded images and implementing Audit Trail.
The SIA CCTV course is composed of 3 mandatory units:
Unit 1 -Working in the Private Security Industry
- Awareness of the Law in the Private Security Industry
- Health and Safety for the Private Security Operative
- Fire Safety Awareness
- Emergency Procedures
- The Private Security Industry
- Communication Skills and Customer Care
Unit 2 – Knowledge and skills based course covering
- The Roles and Responsibilities of the CCTV Operator and Other CCTV Staff
- Codes of Practice, Operational Procedures and Guidelines
- CCTV Equipment and its Operation
- Control Room Communications and Access Control
- Dealing with Incidents
- CCTV Surveillance Techniques
- Fire and Emergency Procedures in the CCTV control room
- Health and Safety at Work in the CCTV Environment
Unit 3 – Practical Assessment