This is a Level 3 Award in First Aid at Work (QCF) with the aim of developing skills and giving students the knowledge, understanding, and skills of first aid at work.
By completing the 2 mandatory units, all learners will cover the essentials of First Aid, including roles and responsibilities in a variety of situations. These situations could relate to breathing, choking, bleeding, shock, minor injuries, burns, scalds, poisoning illness and anaphylaxis.
Duration: This is a 3 day course.
- The Role of the First Aider
- Assessing the Situation in an Emergency
- First Aid Priorities
- Basic Life Support
- Examining and Administering First Aid to a Casualty
- Control of Bleeding
- Fractures, Burns & Scalds
- Heart Attacks
- Eye Injuries
- Dressings & Contents of First Aid Kits
- Recording and Reporting of Incidents and Accidents in line with Regulations