Information, Career Advice and Action Planning
NLPC is a matrix accredited, Information, Advice and Guidance (IAG) provider. Whether you unemployed or employed, looking for work, or career change or wanting to start a business, we are able to provide you with bespoke impartial advice and guidance that would help you make the right choices and decisions.
Our IAG service offer includes:
- A confidential, impartial and objective information and advice service, covering learning opportunities and the skills and qualifications needed for employment or career progression.
- Written information on all courses and opportunities
- Support during your studies to assist your learning, personal development and support services to enable you to study effectively if you have a disability or additional requirement
- Telephone / internet services providing information and advice
- A signposting and referral service to other providers and sources of information if we can't help directly
Examples of Information Advice and Guidance (IAG) areas include:
- Career advice and action planning
- Individual learning pathways
- Personal development
- How to sustain your employment
- Career progression routes
- Self-employment and business start-up
What can you expect from us?
- We will be professional and knowledgeable
- We are happy to answer your enquiry by telephone or e-mail or to offer you an individual appointment
- We will tailor our services to your needs
- If we are unable to respond to your request immediately, a response to a written correspondence will normally be sent within 7 working days
- Where a response is required to a telephone call we will reply within 48 hours
- We will acknowledge or reply to your e-mails within 3-5 working days
What do we expect from you?
- As much relevant information as possible to help us provide the best support
- Prompt contact if you have any questions or concerns about your service needs
- To attend all interviews, which have been arranged with IAG staff on time
- Let us know if you need to cancel or re-schedule
- To be honest and open with us, and work towards meeting your agreed aims
- To treat those working in the IAG team with respect
In order to provide the best possible service we keep a record of your details, academic record and your contacts with us. This record can only be accessed by authorised staff or representatives who need to see this information as part of their work.
NLPC welcomes enquiries from all young people and adults regardless of age, ethnic origin, disability, gender, marital status, background or religion. Please feel free to take our look at our Equal Opportunity Policy
Download our Equal Opportunity Policy
Feedback, Comments and Complaints
- To help us continuously improve our service and address a wide range of client needs, we value your suggestions, comments, compliments or complaints (this maybe anonymous if preferred).
- If you wish to comment on or compliment the service, or to make a complaint, relevant forms will be provided at induction and or simply email, phone or write to us at the address below.
- Our complaints procedure explains clearly how complaints should be made and how they are dealt with. All complaints are dealt with in the strictest confidence.
NLPC complies with the requirements of the Data Protection Act 1998
For more information about this service please contact us on:
Tel: 020 885 1252