Our UniPart programme aims to foster collaborations between universities/colleges, local residents and community organisations. It works to provide support to local residents /community organisations in areas of community economic research and consultation as well as enabling student researchers to gain invaluable practical experience.
UniPart Programme: Collaborations with Universities and Colleges
Are you a research student or post graduate?
Are you interested in getting practical research and consultancy experience?
Perhaps you have a research interest you would like to explore as part of your dissertation?
Or you are looking for an internship placement?
We have the opportunity you need!
Our internship model is bespoke and flexible and includes the following options:
1. Leading on an end to end research brief
2. Working on your own research interest developed with us
3. Supporting our training programme for local resident social researchers
4. Providing support and mentoring to trained local researchers working on a brief
5. Assisting in final report writing and ensuring that robust standards are met
Our basic requirements for Unipart researchers include:
1. Interest in research and consultation
2. Some knowledge of research and consultation techniques
3. Excellent analytical skills, with the ability to synthesise, and interpret information
4. Initiative and resourcefulness in identifying research sources to gather data, including experience of working with on and off-line research resources.
5. Ability and willingness to work on a broad range of areas of interest
6. Excellent organisational and time management skills
7. Excellent standard of English and written skills with a particular ability to put together concise and relevant written information tailored to a particular audience.
8. Excellent analytical and editing skills for proof reading materials
9. Excellent interpersonal skills at all levels, colleagues, community, board of directors, and Volunteers
10. Effective communication skills – written and oral
11. High level of attention to detail
12. Ability to use standard IT packages
For more information, click the button below